Are you struggling to delete a slide on Google Slides? Do you want to streamline your presentation and get rid of unnecessary slides? In this guide, we’ll show you how to delete a slide on Google Slides, quickly and easily.
To delete a slide on Google Slides, right-click on the slide you want to remove and select “Delete slide” from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can click on the slide and press the “Delete” button on your keyboard. This will remove the slide from your presentation and shift the remaining slides up or down accordingly.
Read on to learn other methods of deleting a slide on Google Slides.
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Slide on Google Slides
One of the essential skills you should know when working with Google Slides is how to delete a slide on Google Slides. Whether you accidentally added an extra slide or didn’t need it anymore, deleting a slide is a simple task that can make your presentation more organized and concise.
There are several methods how to do it. Let’s take a look at them one by one:
Method 1: Right-Click on the Slide You Want to Delete
- Open the presentation in Google Slides
- Right-click the thumbnail of the slide you want to delete to select it, and a menu will appear
- Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu, and that’s it! The selected slide will now be deleted from the presentation
Method 2: Select the Slide You Want to Delete and Press the Delete Key
- Open the presentation in Google Slides and click the slide you want to delete
- Once the slide is selected, press the “Delete” key on your keyboard
Photo by Stefen Tan on Unsplash
Method 3: Use the “Delete” Option in the Toolbar
- Open the presentation in Google Slides and click on the slide you want to delete
- In the toolbar at the top of the screen, click on the “Slide” menu
- From the drop-down menu, select “Delete slide”
This method is effective if you don’t have a mouse or don’t want to use a keyboard shortcut.
If you want to make your slides more entertaining, here’s a guide on how to add GIFs to Google Slides.
How to Delete a Slide on Google Slides App
Now that we’ve discussed the different methods to delete a slide on Google Slides using a desktop, let’s take a look at the steps on how to delete a slide using the Google Slides app. The process is slightly different, but it’s just as easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Slides app on your mobile device and open the presentation you want to edit
- Navigate to the slide you want to delete by swiping up or down
- Once you’ve found the slide you want to delete, tap on it to select it
- Tap “Edit Slide”
- Double-tap on the slide on the menu below
- Tap the three-dot icon
- Tap “Delete,” and the selected slide will now be deleted from your presentation
How to Delete Multiple Slides in Google Slides
If you want to delete multiple slides, you can use a combination of the methods we’ve discussed above.
Here’s how to delete multiple slides at once on Google Slides:
- Open the presentation in Google Slides
- In the left-hand panel, hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard (or the “Command” key on a Mac) and then click on the thumbnails of the slides you want to delete. When you click on the slides, they should get highlighted.
- Once you have chosen all the slides you wish to remove, right-click on one of the selected slides and click “Delete.”
Advantages of Using Google Sides for Collaborative Work
In the modern remote work environment, Google Slides is a great tool for collaborative work. Here are some of the benefits of using Google Slides for group collaboration:
- Real-Time Collaboration: Google Slides allows multiple people to work on the same presentation at the same time. All changes made by one collaborator are immediately visible to the others, making it easy to work together and avoid version control issues.
- Easy to Share: It’s easy to share a Google Slides presentation. The “Share” button is located in the screen’s top-right corner, making it simple to share with others. From there, you can enter the email addresses of the people with whom you wish to share the presentation, and they will receive an email invitation to view or edit the presentation.
- Revisions Management: When working on a project with multiple team members, keeping track of changes and revisions is essential. Google Slides has a version history feature that lets you see who made the presentation changes and when. You can also revert to a previous version if necessary.
- Integration With Other Google Tools: Google Slides integrates seamlessly with other Google tools, such as Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets. This integration makes it easy to incorporate other documents and data into your presentation.
- Accessible on Any Device: Google Slides is a cloud-based tool, meaning you can access your presentations from any device with an internet connection. This feature is handy for remote teams collaborating from different locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Shortcut to Delete a Slide in Google Slides?
You can use a handy keyboard shortcut to quickly delete a slide in Google Slides. Here’s how to do it:
- Select the slide you want to delete by clicking on its thumbnail in the left-hand panel.
- Press the “Delete” or “Backspace” key on your keyboard.
The slide will be deleted instantly without any confirmation dialog popping up.
Why Can’t I Delete a Slide in Google Slides?
If you cannot delete a slide in Google Slides, there may be several reasons why this is happening. Make sure that you are the owner of the presentation or that you have the necessary editing permissions. If you don’t have the proper access, you won’t be able to delete any of the slides.
Another reason you need help deleting a slide is that it is the only slide in the presentation. Google Slides requires a minimum of one slide in a presentation, so if you try to delete only the slide, the program will not allow it. In this case, you can duplicate the slide and then delete the original to create a new presentation.
If the slide you’re trying to delete contains a layout or a master element used by another slide in the presentation, you won’t be able to delete it. In this case, you must remove the element or the layout from the other slide. Or learn how to remove a slide from Google Slides and remove the element from the duplicate.
Lastly, if your internet connection is slow or unstable, you may experience difficulty deleting slides or performing other functions in Google Slides. Try refreshing the page or waiting for your connection to stabilize before attempting to delete the slide again.
And that’s how to delete a slide on Google Slides! Deleting a slide is necessary when creating or editing a presentation, but make sure you have selected the correct slide to avoid accidentally deleting the wrong one.
Watch these G Suite courses for more tips and tricks when using other Google tools. Many of the courses are simplified, so you can learn something new even if you aren’t well-versed in the Google Suite platform.
- Insert Google Sheets Into Google Slides
- How to Add a Video to Google Slides [Complete Guide]
- How to Hide a Slide in Google Slides (in 2 Seconds)
- Learn How to Draw on Google Slides in 2 Minutes (Too Easy)
- How to Change Slide Size in Google Slides [Easy Guide]
- How to Fix Google Slides Words Overlapping Issue