Google Slides is an excellent tool for creating visually stunning presentations. However, sometimes the default slide size doesn’t fit your needs. You may need to create a widescreen presentation, or you may want to print out your slides as handouts.
Whatever the reason, it doesn’t need to be daunting if you want to change Google Slide size.
To learn how to change the slide size in Google Slides, open your presentation and click “File” on the top-left corner of the page. Next, select “Page setup” and choose your desired slide size from the drop-down menu. You can customize it by selecting “Custom” and entering your preferred dimensions. Finally, click “Apply.”
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to change slide size in Google Slides on desktop and mobile and why the size matter.
Table of Contents
What’s the Default Google Slide Size?
So, you’re probably wondering, “what is the size of a slide in Google Slides?”
The default slide size in Google Slides is 16:9 widescreen format. This means that the aspect ratio of the slide is 16 units wide by 9 units high. The default size of the slide is 10 inches wide by 5.625 inches high (or 25.4 cm wide by 14.29 cm high).
This aspect ratio is used most for modern widescreen displays, including computer monitors, televisions, and projectors. It’s also the default aspect ratio used in most presentation software, including Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote.
You can change the slide size in Google Slides to meet your specific needs. You can choose from several predefined sizes, including standard 4:3, widescreen 16:9, widescreen 16:10, and custom sizes. If you want to know how to change the size of a google slide, keep reading.
Why Does Google Slide Size Matter?
Your Google Slides presentation size can affect how your audience perceives your content. If your slides are too small, your audience may struggle to read the text or see the images.
On the other hand, if your slides are too large, you may have to scroll or zoom in and out to see the entire slide.
In addition to the practical considerations, slide size can also affect the aesthetics of your presentation. The size of your slides can impact the balance and composition of your design. Choosing the right slide size can help you create a visually appealing and easy-to-follow presentation.
How to Change Slide Size in Google Slides Manually
Here’s how to change the dimensions of a Google Slide:
- First, launch your presentation in Google Slides.
- Next, click on the “File” menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then, click on “Page setup” in the drop-down menu.
- In the “Page setup” dialog box, select “Custom” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the desired dimensions for your slide size in the “Width” and “Height” fields. You can choose from several predefined sizes or enter a custom size.
- You can choose to use either inches or millimeters.
- Once done, click “Apply.”
Note: Changing the slide size manually may affect the layout of your slides, so you may need to adjust the content accordingly. That includes resizing images and text boxes or moving them to a different position on the slide to maintain the proper proportions and readability of your presentation.
How to Change Slide Size in Google Slides on Mobile
As of this writing, you can’t change the slide size in the Google Slides app when you’re using a mobile device. If you want to adjust the size of the slides, you need to open Google Slides on your desktop computer.
Why Change the Slide Size on Google Slides
There are several reasons why you might want to change the slide size in Google Slides. Here are some of the most common reasons why people may change the slide size:
- To Fit Different Screen Sizes: If you plan to present your slideshow on a variety of devices, such as laptops, widescreen monitors, projectors, or tablets, you may need to adjust the slide size to ensure that it fits properly on each screen.
- To Match a Particular Theme: Some presentations may require a specific slide size to fit with the overall theme or branding of the project.
- To Create a Custom Size: Google Slides allows you to create custom slide sizes, which can be helpful in creating unique presentations or designing posters and other visual materials.
- To Incorporate Images: If you have a specific image size that you want to use on your slides, you may need to adjust the slide size to match the image dimensions.
- To Print Slides Properly: Changing the slide size can ensure that your printed slides are the correct size and resolution. For example, if you plan to print your presentation as handouts, using a standard slide size can ensure that the printed slides are the correct size and easy to read.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Change the Slide Size in Google Slides App?
As of this writing, you can’t change the slide size in the Google Slides app on mobile devices. To do so, you would need to use a desktop or laptop computer to access the full range of features and settings in the application.
Here’s what you can do:
- First, open your Google Slides presentation.
- Click on the “File” menu at the top left corner of the screen, then select “Page setup” in the drop-down menu.
- Select “Custom” from the “Slide size” drop-down menu.
- Enter the desired Width and Height dimensions for your slide size and choose to use either inches or millimeters.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes.
How Do You Make a Google Slide the Size of a Picture?
To make a Google slide the same size as a photo, you can use the “Custom” option in the “Page configuration” menu. Here’s how:
- Open Google Slides and select the presentation or create a new one.
- Insert the image you want to use on the slide.
- Right-click on the image and select “Format options” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Size & Rotation” box, take note of the image’s width and length.
- Go to “File” then “Page Setup.”
- Select “Custom” from the drop-down menu.
- Change the width and length values to that of the picture.
- Click “Apply” to change the slide size.
- Adjust the size of an image by clicking and dragging the squares along its edges.
The slide should now be the same size as the picture you inserted.
Will Changing the Slide Size Affect the Content on My Slides in Google Slides?
Yes, changing the slide size in Google Slides can affect the content of your slides, depending on the extent of the change. For example, if you change the slide size to a larger one, the content on your slide may appear smaller and need to be resized or repositioned to fit properly.
On the other hand, if you change the slide size to a smaller size, the content may become distorted or cut off, which could impact the clarity and readability of your presentation.
And that’s how to change slide size in Google Slides! With these easy steps, you can easily change the slide size in Google Slides and create a professional-looking presentation that meets your specific needs and preferences.
Do you want to learn more tips on using Google Suite? Watch these G Suite tutorials to become more proficient with other Google apps today!