Planning for a funeral can be very overwhelming, especially for the bereaved family. A lot of time and effort are required, which can be very stressful, especially with little to no prior experience in planning a funeral.
Having a simple guide on how to make a funeral program can make the planning promise so much easier. A funeral program template would be even better.
In this article, we will be showing you how to create and print your very own free funeral program template for Google Docs. We will also provide a couple of simple templates to get you started.
Table of Contents
What Should a Funeral Program Template Include
When creating a personalized funeral program, there are several key elements to consider. These include:
- The cover: The cover of the funeral program should include the name of the deceased, their birth and death dates, and a photo or image that reflects their personality or interests.
- The order of service: This section outlines the details of the service, including any prayers, readings, or music that will be included. It can also include information about any speakers or eulogies.
- Biographical information: Including a brief biography of the deceased can help provide context for the service and honor their life. This section can include information about their family, education, career, and hobbies.
- Personal touch: Adding personal touches such as photos, quotes, or stories can make the funeral program more meaningful and reflective of the person’s life and legacy.
Why Use Google Docs for a Funeral Program?
Google Docs is a cloud-based platform which provides flexibility, convenience and accessibility to funeral directors. With its sharing capabilities, users can collaborate and share funeral programs seamlessly with family members, colleagues, and friends. It also allows for real-time editing, spell-check and the use of professional-looking templates.
How to Customize and Print a Funeral Program
Here’s how you can make and customize your own funeral program in Google Docs:
- Open a blank document on Google Docs.
- Go to file > Page setup.
- Choose your page settings. You can also change your page color here. Once you’re done click Ok.
- Go to Insert> Drawing and click New.
- Insert a frame and/or image. You can also insert a text box with the image in the drawing.
- Write the cover page, including the name of the deceased, dates, and other necessary details.
- Write the obituary and acknowledgment.
- Write the order of service.
- Format your funeral program according to your preferences.
Once you’re done creating your funeral program, here’s how you can print it:
- Go to file > print. You can also use the keyboard shortcut cmd + P
- Add in your print setting and Click save. This will download the file.
- Open the file on your device.
- Go to file > print.
- Select your printer device.
- Print your funeral program.
- Go to File > Print. Or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + P
- Add your print settings
- Select your printer device.
- Click Print to print your funeral program.
Free Funeral Program Templates for Google Docs
Below are some of our free obituary template Google Docs
Simple Free Funeral Program Template for Google Docs
This free memorial service program template is relatively simple, with a black-and-white color scheme and a frame that can also be excluded.
This is a generic funeral template with nothing too showy or difficult to add. You can’t go wrong with this simple template. Any additions to make the template stand out more can be applied. For a brighter look, the color of the page can be changed in the page settings, as shown in step 3.
Floral Funeral Program Template
The floral template is a beautiful celebration of life template for free download. It’s one of our most popular templates because of its more traditional look. Not to mention it’s also very easy to alter and customize.
The addition of flowers around the image and at the corners of the page is very common in many funeral programs and, therefore, often preferred. This template is very simple but beautiful and thoughtful.
Modern Funeral Program Template
Despite the simplicity of this template, its advantage over the other two is the amount of space it provides.
The two-column format provides more space for text while also giving you the option to add more images. With this template, you don’t have to be confined to only one image but can include as many as you want.
The template’s gray color scheme and black font make for a more modern and classic fit with square or rectangular images for extra formality.
Why Use Our Templates
Here’s why you should use our templates:
- Our templates are easy to use and customize. You can make a copy of the template and play around with the format. The color schemes are not set in stone and can therefore be altered according to your preference. The font, frame, and spacing can also be altered.
- These pre-made templates reduce the time and effort put into planning a funeral service. Coming up with a funeral program takes time and can be a lot of sudden pressure. Our ready-made template guides make this process much easier. With only a little bit of editing to match your vision, you could have the perfect funeral program.
- Our templates provide a variety of styles to suit everyone. Many funeral programs conform to a specific standard and lack creativity. These templates are both creative and practical and are in different styles to fit everyone’s taste. You can find both the more traditional styles and a more modern type of funeral program.
The great thing about Google Docs is that you can upload documents and also export them as a funeral program template in Word in case you’re not very familiar with Google Docs.
Funerals are a tough time for everybody, and we would like to express our condolences if you have lost someone. We hope that our guide for how to make a funeral program template was useful.
Our templates should also come in handy. These templates provide a variety of styles, and you’re sure to find one that you like. Let us know in the comments which free funeral program template for Google Docs you chose and how to chose to edit it to suit your loved ones or clients.
If you found these templates useful, make sure you also check out our premium templates. If you decide to buy any, make sure you remember to use the code SSP to save 50% at checkout.
- Calendar Template for Google Docs
- Free Book Templates for Google Docs
- Free Business Card Templates for Google Docs
- How to Make a Flyer in Google Docs
- Free Ledger Templates in Google Sheets
- Download a Timeline Template for Google Docs
- Cover Letter Template for Google Docs
- Download a Free Google Sheets Itinerary Template
- Free Google Sheets Calendar Templates
- How to Create a Google Docs Checklist Template [10 Free Templates]