Want to keep track of everything on a monthly (or even yearly) scale? A calendar template for Google Docs can help with that. Luckily for you, this article has 3 different templates you can choose from. We’ll also teach you how to make your own from scratch.
Table of Contents
How to Make a Google Doc Calendar Template
Making a calendar template in Google Docs is simple and only requires you to follow a few easy steps. Here is how to create a calendar template Google Docs:
- The first thing to do is to set the page according to your needs. Changing this early saves you from the hassle of rearranging the calendar template’s elements. To do this, click on File in the main toolbar and click on Page setup. Here, set the parameters for the page. In this example, we use the A4 paper size in Landscape orientation with the margins set to 0.
- You can use tables to add the elements in the calendar template. First, you can add a table to divide your page into separate sections. To add a table, click on Insert in the main toolbar and then click on Table. Here, you can choose your preferred grid size to add the table to your document.
- We chose a 2×2 table in the previous example. However, we only need to add three sections to our calendar template. You can merge the cells in the table. To do this, click and select the cells you wish to merge and right-click on the selected cells. Here, click on the Merge cells option.
- With the basic layout of the calendar selected, you can start to add the other elements. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to do so and add the text into the cells.
- Now, customize your calendar template by changing the colors and adding shapes. You can add shapes using the drawings tool, which can be accessed by clicking on Insert and then on Drawing.
- After making changes, you can hide the table borders. To do this, right-click on the table and click on Table properties.
- Go to the Color section and change the Table border to 0 pt to hide it.
Although you can use Google Docs to create a calendar template, many prefer using a spreadsheet program like Google Sheets. You can learn how to create a Google Sheets calendar template by following our linked guide.
Tips on Making a Good Calendar Template
Creating a blank calendar template in Google Docs requires attention to detail and careful planning. Here are some tips that will help you create an effective Google Docs calendar template:
- Decide the Format: You can choose from several calendar formats, including daily, weekly, and monthly. Make sure that you choose a format that best suits your needs.
- Choose the Paper Size: Consider the amount of space you will need to write in each day. This will help you choose the paper size for printing the calendar. Using an A4 size for a yearly calendar isn’t the best idea if you wish to write notes. Similarly, using an A3 paper size for a weekly calendar template will only waste space.
- Use a Clear Layout: Making sure that your calendar template is easy to understand is crucial, so make sure to use a clear, readable font and good color combinations.
- Include Important Dates: Include important dates like appointments, birthdays, and holidays. These can vary depending on your location and schedule. You can also add a notes or reminders section.
- Keep It Updated: To ensure the calendar stays relevant and accurate, update it frequently by adding and removing events as necessary.
Related: Build a Schedule Template in Google Sheets [Free Downloads]
Free Downloadable Google Docs Calendar Template 2023
Here are a few premade calendar templates you can customize according to your requirements. To use these templates, click on File and then on Make a Copy.
Year Calendar Template Google Docs
This calendar template for Google Docs is great to use if you’re looking for an overview of the entire year on a single paper. This template was created on A3 paper size, which means you can print this template out on a single sheet. All the twelve months are shown on the paper, which means there isn’t a lot of space for making notes.
The bottom part of the template is empty, making it perfect for adding company information like phone numbers, emails, websites, or addresses. For personal use, you can add additional notes in the bottom part.
Monthly Calendar Template Google Docs
This editable calendar Google Docs template is great if you wish to add small notes for each day. The template is very simple and printer-friendly, using only black and white. The template is divided into three sections.
The first one towards the top left part shows the month number, the name, and the current year. Below is a notes section where you can either type notes in Google Docs or write them using a pen when you print the template. A grid containing the days and the dates is featured towards the right part of the screen. Here, you can click and add any text or picture notes.
This template will work great whether you print it or use it digitally. When printed on an A4 sheet, the cells representing the days will have enough space for you to add your own notes. Social media calendar templates are great for content creators. Here are 5 free social media calendar templates for Google Sheets.
Modern Calendar Template Google Docs
This template is great for use if you have specific activities that you need to repeat every day. The template uses A4 paper size and is meant to be used digitally. This Google Docs calendar template is divided into four sections.
The first section is the header at the top that contains the month and year. The second section allows you to add activities and their times. This can be great for teachers who want to plan quizzes and class activities or gym enthusiasts who wish to add their workout routine to the calendar. There is also a separate notes section where you can add details about the activities for the month, and the fourth section is a grid that contains the day names and numbers.
Being a content creator takes a lot of planning before you publish your posts. Here are 3 Google Sheets content calendar templates to make the process easier.
When Not To Use a Calendar Template for Google Docs
Although Google Docs is excellent for collaborating and sharing, there is an even better free program for sharing your calendar that is also part of the Google Suite, Google Calendar. This app allows you to create and share events as well as cancel them with automatic updates to everyone you’re sharing the calendar with.
Therefore, it’s often better to just use Google Calendar. But, you can still use a Google Docs Calendar template if you intend to print it and use it with a pen or marker too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Calendar Template in Google Docs?
Google Docs doesn’t offer a standard calendar template in its Template gallery. However, you can also create your own calendar or use a custom-built third-party template online.
How Do I Get a Free Calendar Template in Google Docs?
You can get a calendar template in Google Docs in several ways. You can create your own from scratch tailored to your specific needs. You can also get free Google Docs calendar templates online. We have three free downloadable templates in this article.
Hopefully, you found the perfect calendar template for Google Docs from our template library. If you found this article useful, make sure you check out our premium templates too. You can use the code SSP to save 50% on your purchases.
- Free Book Templates for Google Docs
- Free Business Card Templates for Google Docs
- How to Make a Flyer in Google Docs
- Free Ledger Templates in Google Sheets
- Download a Timeline Template for Google Docs
- Cover Letter Template for Google Docs
- Download a Free Google Sheets Itinerary Template
- Free Google Sheets Calendar Templates
- How to Create a Google Docs Checklist Template [10 Free Templates]