It can be a bit tricky to create a survey from scratch, especially if you’re not sure what questions to ask or what format to use. It also takes quite some time and effort.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make Google Forms surveys, and as a bonus, we also have the perfect pre-made Google Forms survey template you can use under 3 different settings.
Table of Contents
Best Google Forms Survey Templates
Why Use Google Forms?
Thanks to online surveys, there’s no longer any need to go out and interview different people for your research. As long as you have a well-formatted survey form, you can collect data much faster and more efficiently.
Google Forms lets you create your own survey or questionnaire form. You can tailor your survey to suit your needs with different options like multiple questions and drop-down answer lists. You can also embed images, videos, and even Google Maps in your survey.
Examples of a Google Forms Survey Template
Google Forms offers a wide variety of templates, including:
- Event rsvp: This form is usually used for people who want to reserve a spot at an event.
- Customer satisfaction: Measure how satisfied your customers are with your product or service.
- Job application: Collect information from job applicants, including their contact information, work experience, and education.
- Course evaluation: This survey is used to get feedback from students on their experience with a course or a lecturer.
- Market Research: This template can be used to conduct market research surveys to gather insights into consumer behavior and preferences. Similar surveys include customer satisfaction and product surveys.
- Signup Form: This template can be used to collect information from people who want to sign up or volunteer for a specific cause or event.
- Product Feedback: This template is similar to the marketing research template, except it focuses on customers’ experience with a specific product or service.
Google Forms has some Google Forms survey examples in the template gallery, like the RSVP form and the event registration form.
How to Make a Google Forms Template
Here’s a guide to a Google Form survey example:
- Go to Google Forms
- If you’re starting off with a template, you can choose one from the template gallery and customize it. Otherwise, pick Blank. Alternatively, you can head to Forms.new to open a blank form to start working on.
- You can change the theme of the form by clicking the Customize Theme button at the top right of the form.
- Choose the font and size you want for the header, questions, and text of your form in the theme window under test style.
- Choose the background color for the form at the bottom of the theme window.
- You can also add a header image for your form. Click Choose Image and upload the image of your choice.
You can choose one of the default images or upload your own image.
- Name your Google Forms survey at the top by clicking on “Untitled form.”
- Add the questions for your form.
- Click on the drop-down beside the question to decide what kind of answer you want.
There are a few types of answers:
- Short answer: This is a free text option that’s limited to very short answers.
- Paragraph: This is a free text option that’s for longer responses.
- Multiple choice: This option lets the responder choose one out of a couple of answers.
- Checkboxes: This option lets the responder choose from a list of answers, but unlike multiple-choice, they can choose more than one answer.
- Dropdown: This option is for multiple-choice answers in the form of a drop-down list. The responder can only choose one answer.
- Linear scale: This is for responses that are meant for rating. There are 2 options, a scale of 1 to 5 and a scale of 1 to 10.
- If you chose multiple-choice, type in your multiple-choice answers.
- Once you’re done with the first question, click the + sign to the right to add another question.
- Fill in all your questions.
Once you’re done with the form, you’re ready to send it off to your team or to the survey group. Just click Send and choose what means to send your form. You can do it by email or even obtain a link to the form that you can share and view the responses in Google Forms.
Our Google Survey Templates
Marketing Survey Template
This marketing survey template is all you need to get started to learn more about the target market for your business. It is a simple template in blue, and the questions are a great framework to guide your survey.
This template is extremely versatile and can be used as a product survey form or a customer satisfaction survey with just a few tweaks.
Job Application Google Forms
The job application form is a standard form with 2 sections. The first section is for the applicant’s details and the second section is for further questions concerning the job, and finally, there’s a section where the applicant can upload their resume and documents.
Course Evaluation Survey Template
The course evaluation template covers every. It has three sections: the first section is for the course details, the second question concerns course satisfaction, and the final section is an evaluation of the lecturer who delivered the course.
The answers are mostly text answers and rating answers, as is common with most evaluation surveys. This kind of form is anonymous; therefore, there’s no need for the responders’ details.
Why Use Our Google Forms Survey Templates
Here are some of the benefits of using our Google Forms survey templates:
- With our pre-made templates, you can save the hours it would take you to design your Google Forms survey from scratch.
- Using our templates helps you maintain consistency for your surveys by giving them a consistent format and structure. This makes it easier to compare and analyze data over time.
- Our Templates also act as a guide by including sample questions and suggested formats, which can be helpful if you’re not sure what questions to ask or how to phrase them.
- Our templates are easy to customize and flexible for all kinds of surveys. You can change the theme and edit the questions very easily.
- With our templates, you can easily integrate your results with Google Sheets for data analysis thanks to Google’s collaborative suite.
- You can also access the forms on any device at any time as long as you can sign in to your Google account.
Google Forms lets you create professional-looking questionnaires and surveys fast and easily. In this article, we’ve shown you how to create a Google Forms survey template, and we have also included Google Forms survey examples that you can use. If you found the templates in this article useful, then you will love our premium templates. Make sure you use the code SSP at checkout to save 50%!
- Take a Google Forms and Sheets Masterclass to Upskill Effectively
- Download Free Google Docs Order Form Templates
- How to Find Answers on Google Forms Easily
- How to Connect Google Forms to Google Sheets
- Free Certificate of Appreciation Templates for Google Docs
- How to Share Google Forms Responses [Complete Guide]
- How To Make a Google Form Public [Beginner’s Guide]