Certificates of appreciation are a great way to recognize hard work or talent. They also look good on a resume or college application.
Most of the time, people pay for a design, but you can save yourself some coins and make one on Google Docs or Word or simply download a ready-made certificate of appreciation template.
Designing your own certificate can be frustrating and time-consuming. Fortunately, we have a few free templates for you. But if you want to get creative, we’ll also show you the best way to make your own templates from scratch. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
When to Use a Letter of Appreciation
Certificates of appreciation are usually used to acknowledge a person’s achievement or contribution.
Here are a couple of situations certificates of appreciation are used:
- Academic achievements: Certificates of appreciation can be awarded to students for good performance, perfect attendance, or for improvement. There are also certificates for sports and club activities.
- Employee recognition: Aside from just a payroll, employers also award appreciation certificates to employees for their hard work and other contributions. This is a useful strategy to increase morale and encourage employees to give their best performance.
- Volunteer service: Certificates of appreciation are also awarded to volunteers to acknowledge their work and express gratitude to them. They are also awarded by the NGO or volunteer service to volunteers to show proof of their volunteer work.
Best Ways of Writing a Letter of Appreciation
When writing a certificate of appreciation, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind. The best way of writing a letter of Appreciation is to:
- Use a professional tone: Make sure to use professional language in the certificate.
- Keep it short and simple: Use short sentences to send a concise message.
- Add all the relevant details: Make sure to add all the necessary details, including the Name of the recipient and the reason for the certificate.
- Use attractive formatting: Make the certificate attractive with appropriate formats.
- Add a signature or seal: To make the certificate of appreciation official and legitimate. You should include a signature or a seal. It is best for this to be handwritten so you can just leave a space for the signature when making the certificate on Google Docs.
- Proofread the certificate: Make sure there are no typos or any other errors with effective proofreading skills. A well-written and designed certificate of appreciation is a meaningful way to show gratitude, and it also helps with the legitimacy of the certificate.
How to Make a Certificate of Appreciation on Google Docs
Here’s how to make a certificate of appreciation in Google Docs:
- Open a blank document in Google Docs.
- Go to File > Page setup and choose the paper size.
- Set the page to landscape and pick a background color, then click Ok.
- Add the title of the certificate.
- Add the Name of the recipient.
- Include a description of the award.
- Add space for the signature and date.
- Format the text appropriately.
- Add your frame and images like a badge.
Certificate of Appreciation Templates
Although it’s a fairly straightforward process to make your own certificate of appreciation template, it can still take a while. If you want to save some time, you can try out one of our appreciation certificate samples below:
Free Printable Certificate of Appreciation
While this free printable certificate of appreciation template is simple but functional and is easy to customize, and has all that is needed in a certificate of appreciation.
The template has a simple double-line border in gold and a badge at the top to define the award.
Certificate of Appreciation Template for Word and Docs
This template is a free editable certificate of appreciation template for Word and Docs with an elegant black and gold theme.
It is a bold template that stands out and has a straightforward layout.
You can edit the template in Google Docs or even in Microsoft Word. All you have to do is download the template as a Word document.
Just keep in mind that the black background may not be ideal for printing in bulk, so save this template for those extra special employees or occasions.
Appreciation Certificates for Employees
The appreciation certificate for employees is suitable for employee appreciation or academic achievements.
It is a simple template with a blue and yellow frame that gives it a corporate finish. This template also includes a field for the date and signature of the awarder.
Why Use Our Templates?
Although you can make your own certificate of appreciation on Google Docs, here’s why you should use one of our templates instead.
- Our templates are designed to make your life easier since they save you the time and effort of creating your own. You simply need to add the necessary details to the template, such as the recipient.
- The templates follow a professional format to ensure that the certificate has an official appearance.
- The templates are also very easy to customize. You can change the format, font, color scheme, and any other edits you might wish to make.
- You can access the template and edit it on different devices with your Google account.
- Thanks to Google, it’s also very easy sharing the templates with other people. You can also set the permissions of access and view changes being made in real-time.
- If you want to use our certificates of appreciation templates for Word, you can simply download them as a Microsoft Word document.
A certificate of appreciation is a great way to express gratitude or acknowledge the achievements of a student or employee. Our certificate of appreciation templates are convenient and easy to customize.
In this article, we’ve also guided you through how to make a certificate of appreciation.
If you found our templates useful, you can also check out our Google Sheets templates. Or you may also benefit from our premium template library. Just remember if you make a purchase on our Gumroad store to use the promo code SSP to save 50%