In this article, we’ll provide you with three Google Docs proposal templates and walk you through why you need one and how to use them. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
What Is a Business Proposal
A business proposal document outlines a project, service, or product a company or business offers potential investors or clients. It is written to persuade the document’s recipient to take action, such as investing or purchasing from the business. Typical business proposal templates often include a summary, a description of the product or service, a brief explanation of how it can benefit the client, and a breakdown of the costs and timelines.
Types of Business Proposals
Project managers can create different proposals depending on the context. Here are some commonly used business proposal formats:
- Solicited Proposal: These proposals are sent out in response to an RFP. RFPs are Request For Proposals that announce a project along with the details and then ask for bids from teams or companies. This business proposal format is written compellingly after proper research as you compete against other companies.
- Unsolicited Proposal: This type of proposal is sent without an RFP. This means that there wasn’t a request for a proposal. This has the benefit that you won’t be competing against other companies or teams. However, this also means the company you’re sending the proposal to may not need you.
- Renewal Proposal: If you have an existing client, you can send a business renewal proposal to persuade them to continue with additional work after the current project is finished. In this type of proposal, you can highlight the accomplishments from the previous projects.
- Informal Proposal: Similar to a solicited proposal, informal proposals are written to respond to a request by a client. However, this request by the client is informal, meaning there is no RFP. However, this means that you may have to do a lot of research as there are no guidelines on how the proposal or project should look.
- Supplemental Proposal: This type of proposal addresses the stakeholders you are already working with. This can be much easier to write when compared to the other proposal types in this list. This type of proposal still has to be persuasive, as the aim of a supplemental proposal is to get additional resources from stakeholders in case the original proposed budget for the proposal is not enough.
- Continuation Proposal: These proposals are the easiest to write as you don’t have to persuade anyone in a continuation proposal. This proposal type is written after the project has been approved. In this proposal type, a new phase or the entire project is about to start. This proposal is used to inform stakeholders.
Buying sales tracking software for a new business can be costly. Instead, you can use a sales tracker template in Google Sheets to track your sales
How to Write a Business Proposal
You have to write a detailed proposal for the proposed project to be approved and receive the requested budget. It has to contain all the information necessary, so the stakeholders or business manager has a clear picture of every aspect.
Here are the six things you should add to a business proposal:
- Executive Summary: This is one of the short parts of the proposal. Here, you can give your crucial information to the stakeholders and potential investors in the project. It is basically the intro part where you aim to persuade the person to keep reading. An executive summary includes a brief introduction of the problem, the impact of the problem, resources required for the project, and a timeline for the project.
- Project Background: In this part of the proposal, you can tell more about the problem and propose a solution to fixing the problem. Look to add what you already know about the problem, previous research that relates to the problem, and why the previous solution wasn’t successful. You can also use real-world facts and statistics to emphasize the problem.
- Solution: You can detail the solution in this part of the proposal. Some key talking points include the vision statement for the project, important milestones, and the team members’ roles.
- Project Deliverables: One of the most important parts for stakeholders is the project’s final product. In this part, explain the project’s final objective, timeline, potential risks, and strategies for risk management.
- Discuss Budget: State the resources needed for the p[roject in this part of the proposal. Mention the total sum you’ll need for the entire project lifecycle, and then you can create small sections where you give a breakdown of where you will use these funds.
- Conclusion: You should give a summary of everything mentioned in the proposal. Here, you have a chase to highlight the importance of the proposed project. Make sure to sound confident in this part, as this is the last chance to win over any investors or stakeholders.
Creating a good template from scratch takes a lot of time and skill. Knowing some of the tools in Google Docs can help speed up the process. You can learn more about how you can change margins and add footnotes in google docs from the linked articles.
Best Project Proposal Templates for 2023
A project proposal should leave a lasting impression on the reader. Using our Google Docs templates can save you a lot of time. The templates provide a premade structure and layout for quick document creation.
Let’s look at some of the best project proposal templates for google docs.
Grayscale Business Proposal
This grayscale business proposal template offers a minimal, professionally created design for teams who want a simple yet impactful proposal. The A4 page layout provides plenty of space to show off the product or service alongside its benefits, timelines, and the team working on it. The grayscale theme makes the document easy to read while being elegant. This is one of the best templates for making a clean and concise business proposal.
Corporate Business Proposal
This Google Docs proposal template is perfect for companies or teams wanting to showcase their capabilities to potential investors in a corporate environment. It uses an A4 page layout which is the standard in most office environments. The template features layouts for a number of unique page types. You can add images, text as well as tables to the Google proposal template. The template is easy-to-use and visually appealing, making it one of the best budget proposal templates in google docs for use in professional environments.
Modern Business Proposal
This free proposal template for Docs offers a sleek design best suited for companies looking to impress potential investors or clients. Similar to the other Google proposal templates in this list, this one also uses the A4 page layout, providing it ample space to show off the proposed product or service along with some of the benefits, costs as well as the expected timeline. The design is visually appealing, and the template is user-friendly, making it one of the best templates for creating an impactful business proposal.
Ledgers can help you track profits and expenses in a business. Here is a free ledger template to speed up the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should Be in a Business Proposal?
A business proposal typically includes a summary, background, solution, deliverables, proposed budget, and conclusion. The business proposal should be concise, clear, and well-organized.
How Long Should a Business Proposal Be?
The length of the business proposal typically depends on the complexity of the project and the requirements of the stakeholders. It should be long enough to provide all the information but not so long that reading it becomes a chore.
What Is the Difference Between a Business Plan and a Business Proposal?
A business plan is used to outline a long-term strategy for running a business, while a business proposal is used to outline an upcoming project or partnership.
Remember that you can edit any of our Google Docs proposal templates to meet your specific needs. If you found these templates useful, check out our related content below or our premium templates, where you can use the code SSP to save 50%
- Google Docs Calendar Template
- Free Google Docs Poster Templates
- How to Make a Brochure on Google Docs
- Calendar Template for Google Docs
- Free Book Templates for Google Docs
- Free Business Card Templates for Google Docs
- How to Make a Flyer in Google Docs
- Free Ledger Templates in Google Sheets
- Download a Timeline Template for Google Docs
- Cover Letter Template for Google Docs
- Download a Free Google Sheets Itinerary Template
- Free Google Sheets Calendar Templates
- How to Create a Google Docs Checklist Template [10 Free Templates]
- 10 Sign-up Sheet Templates in Google Docs & How to Make One