The ultimate goal of sign-up sheets is to gather information from specific people. In business contexts, you can use one to collect the details of a meeting’s attendees. Other applications include setting appointments, gathering volunteers, and more.
In this article, we’ll provide 10 Google Docs sign-up sheet templates you can use in business, education, and events. In case you don’t find one that meets your needs, we have also included a guide on how to make a sign-up sheet from scratch.
Table of Contents
What Are the Benefits of Using Sign-up Sheet Templates?
Sign-up sheets help a lot in organizing your gathered information. They contain columns and rows where people can enter their details. This lets you put categories at the top (name, contacts, etc.), making for an easy-to-read layout.
They can also streamline the information collection process. This is because you’re adding standardized fields that people should fill out. In turn, this also saves time and reduces errors.
You can further edit your templates to add details that people signing up need to know. For example, you can enter the event title, date, location, contact person, and more at the top of the sheet.
Many sign-up sheet templates come with numbering at the side. This lets you know the total number of people who signed up, which you can use in your planning. For example, with this information, you can estimate how many seats to prepare for an upcoming conference.
Business Sign-up Sheet Templates
1. Appointment Sign-up Sheet
If you’re an assistant, you know how hard it is to track people who want to meet your boss. This appointment sign-up sheet template with time slots lets you organize their details and allotted schedule while also avoiding missed or double bookings.
2. Conference Sign-up Sheet
Businesses often deal with confidential and sensitive information, therefore, in a business meeting, you have to carefully select what details to share, according to the participants. You can use this template to know who will be present at your future conferences. It also allows you to prepare enough seats, food, or gifts depending on the number of registrants.
3. Team Training Sign-up Sheet
Employee skills might rust over time, showing the importance of (at least) yearly training. With this template, you can gather the details of the employee teams under your business. For example, you can get their basic information, dietary restrictions, special needs, and so on.
Education-Related Sign-up Sheet Templates
1. Intramural Sports Sign-up Sheet
You can use this template to gather participants who are interested in various sports and activities for an intramural event. Here, registrants can record their name, phone number, gender, preferred sports to play, availability for practicing, and more. Once filled out, you can also check the number of participants per sport to see if there are enough members to play.
2. Class Registration Sheet
If you’re a teacher, gathering your students’ details (like phone numbers,) on a class registration sheet is necessary. This way, you can ensure everyone receives all important class notifications. Use this template to record their contact information. Other fields in the template include registration type, special needs, and signature.
3. Club Sign-up Sheet
Clubs can use this template to gather information from interested individuals. Besides the basic contact information fields, we added categories like the registrant’s skills, availability, payment status, etc. By having such specific details, you can ensure that you provide the members with the best possible experience.
Sign-up Sheet Templates for Events
1. Volunteer Sign-up Sheet
If you’re an organizer for a volunteer event, this sign-up sheet template is perfect. You can ensure that you have enough people to help your cause and also use this template to learn about the skills of interested volunteers. In turn, you can assign them appropriate tasks that they can do efficiently.
2. Potluck Sign-up Sheet
Are you organizing a potluck with your relatives? Use this template to track what dishes guests bring to share. This way, you can avoid duplicated dishes and ensure a variety of food, and bring enough food for the whole party.
3. General Event Sign-up Sheet
In case you haven’t found a template that matches your event yet, you can use this one. Here, we kept the categories more general and applicable to almost any event type you can think of.
4. Donation Drive Sheet
Use this template if you’re working with charities, foundations, and similar organizations. This way, you can simplify the recording of donor details like their names and contact information. You can also refer to this sheet when tallying the total amount of money or goods received on a donation drive.
How to Make a Sign-up Sheet on Google Docs
If you didn’t find a template that suits your needs from our list above, you can always opt to start from scratch and make your own sign-up sheet. This ensures the specific categories you need are present and allows for better personalization.
On Mobile Devices
Note: The following steps apply to all mobile devices that can install the Google Docs mobile app. You can use them on Android, iPhone, and iPad.
Step 1: Create Your Document
- Launch the Google Docs app on your mobile device.
- Tap the plus (+) sign button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select “New document” from the options.
Step 2: Insert a Table
- Inside your document, tap on the position where you want to have your table.
- Locate the “Add” button (denoted by a plus + sign) from the options at the top-right of the screen.
- Select “Table.”
- Choose your preferred number of columns and rows. (Ensure to have as many columns as there are categories you need to include.)
- Tap “Insert table.”
Step 3: Add Your Categories (Column Headers)
- Tap on a first-row cell and enter a category.
- Repeat step 1 for the remaining cells on the first row.
Step 4: Customize Your Sign-up Sheet
Keep in mind that it’s up to you how to design and format your sign-up sheet. But here, we’ll show how to make your column headers distinct from the cell entries. We’ll also add some details — the title — that would make your sign-up sheet more well-rounded.
Add a sign-up sheet title
- Tap the first line (topmost part) of your document.
- Tap the “Format” button (denoted by a capital letter “A” with lines at the side) on the toolbar at the top.
- Under “Text,” select “Style.”
- Tap “Title.”
- Tap the first line of your document again, then enter your sign-up sheet title.
Customize the column headers
- Tap the first cell of your table, then drag the selector to all other column headers.
- Tap the “Bold” button (denoted by a capital letter “B”) on the bottom toolbar.
- While the column headers are still selected, tap the “Format” button at the top toolbar.
- For Android devices, you can format your text further under the “Text” and “Paragraph” menus.
- For iPhone and iPad, you can do any of the following under the “Table” menu.
- Change the fill color of the cell.
- Change the border color, width, and weight.
- Select a border dash style.
Note: When on a computer, Google Docs is only accessible via a web browser. Regardless of your specific browsing app, the steps below would apply to both Windows PC and Mac users.
Step 1: Make a New Document
- Go to https://docs.google.com/ on your web browser.
- Under “Start a new document,” click on “Blank.”
Step 2: Add a Table
- On the menu bar, click on “Insert” > “Table.”
- Select your preferred number of rows and columns.
Step 3: Insert Your Column Headers
- Click on the first cell of your table, then enter a category.
- Repeat step 1 for the other cells on the top row.
Step 4: Customize Your Sign-up Sheet
Remember that the processes below are optional. But doing them will make your sign-up sheet more aesthetically pleasing.
Insert a sign-up sheet title
- Click on the first line of your document, then type the sheet title.
- Select the title once finished.
- On the toolbar, click on the “Styles” option (usually denoted by “Normal text”).
- Click on “Title.”
Edit the column headers
- Highlight the first row of your table.
- On your keyboard, press “Ctrl” + “B” (or “Cmd” + “B” for Mac) to make your column headers bold.
- Or, click on the “Bold” button on the toolbar (denoted by a capital letter “B”).
- Click on the “More” button (denoted by the three vertical dot icon) on the toolbar.
- Click on the “Background color” button (the second to the left icon).
- Choose your preferred color.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do Companies Need a Sign-up Sheet Template?
Companies should use sign-up sheets as a channel to grow their customer base. For example, they can use one to get a list of potential customers who want to subscribe to their newsletter. Other applications include appointment scheduling, conference registration, and team training sign-ups.
When Do Companies Need Sign-up Sheet Templates?
Companies usually need sign-up sheets when organizing events, programs, or services that need attendance tracking. Some businesses, like fitness centers and cram schools, may also need sign-up sheets to monitor the attendance of their clients and students.
Sign-up sheets allow for an organized and efficient way to gather information from people. From appointment tracking in business contexts to potluck events, feel free to get a copy of the sign-up sheet templates in Google Docs we’ve discussed above!
Want more templates you can use for both personal and professional purposes? Visit our page on Gumroad today and get 50% off on all templates with the code “SSP.”
- Easily Insert a Google Sheet Into Google Docs [Guide]
- How to Draw on Google Docs (2 Unbelievably Simple Ways)
- How to Make a Flyer on Google Docs (Free Templates)
- 5 Best Google Sheets Roadmap Templates
- 5 Best Gift Certificate Templates in Google Docs