Google Forms is a great tool for collecting data for surveys and questionnaires. When filling out forms, it can be helpful to have easy access to the responses you have submitted.
This will allow you to confirm that your response was submitted and to see the responses you’ve made in case you might want to make edits.
Stick around and find out how to see Google Forms you submitted conveniently and how to edit them as well.
Table of Contents
How To View & Edit Submitted Google Form Responses
In this section, we’ll show you how to view and edit submitted Google Form responses. All you need to do is follow these steps:
Step 1: Finish filling out the form, then click Submit.
Step 2: Immediately after you submit the form, you’ll see a link to Edit your response. This lets you go back and view your response.
Step 3: You can edit the form as many times as you want, then click Submit again, and the changes will be reflected in the response summary.
Depending on the form settings set by the form creator, you may have the option to edit your response. If don’t find the “Edit your response” button or link on the response details page, that means the owner of the form has not allowed for responses to be edited.
How to See Past Google Forms
Sometimes, you might also get an additional link after submitting the Google form:
This link lets you see other respondents’ forms as well as your own. However, this is only possible if the owner of the form allows it, so this option may not always be present.
How to Check Submitted Google Forms as the Sender
TAs the sender, you can also view responses that have been submitted for your Google forms, follow these steps:
Option 1: Using the Responses Tab
Step 1: Go to Google Forms and sign in, then navigate to the form you created and want to view the submitted responses from your list of forms. Click on the form to open it.
Step 2: At the top of the form editor, click on the Responses tab. This will take you to the response overview page.
Option 2: Using Email Notification
Alternatively, if you set email notifications, you can also go to your email and open the google forms notification, then click on View Summary.
Step 3: On the response overview page, you can see three different tabs for the responses.
The first tab is the summary of the responses received. It provides information such as the number of responses, average completion time, and a graphical representation of the data. You can also scroll down to view individual responses in a summarized format.
The second tab is the responses by Question, which lets you see each question’s responses one by one. To change the question, you can click on the drop-down and select a different question.
The third tab for Individual shows you the responses for each individual who has filled your form.
Related: Google Forms survey template
How to Check Submitted Google Forms as the Responder
Here’s how to see what Google Forms you’ve submitted as the Respondent:
Option 1: “Using the Edit Your Response Link”
Step 1: Fill out the form and click Submit.
Step 2: Once you’ve submitted your response, you’ll see a link for edit response which takes you back to the form you have filled.
Option 2: Using the “See Previous Responses” Link
You can view your responses through this link and even edit them. You can also view your response through the link to see previous responses if it is allowed by the Form owner.
This link lets you see your responses and other responders before you, but you can’t edit any of the responses.
Option 3: Checking Your Email
The final way how to check if you submitted a Google Form is by checking your email. If the owner allows it, you can receive a copy of your response in your email account after you’ve submitted it.
How To Change Your Google Forms Submission Settings
Google Forms also lets you add settings for submissions in your Form. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Open the form in Google Forms and go to Settings.
Step 2: Configure General Settings:
- Make this a quiz- This setting allows you to add points to other questions in your form. If you toggle it on, you’ll get more settings.
- Responses- If you click on the drop-down for responses, you’ll also get more settings for the submissions to your Google Form.
- The first setting lets you collect email addresses from your respondents. If you choose Verified, responders will need to sign in before filling out the form.
If you choose Responder input, then the responder will be required to type in an email address instead. This is convenient in case they’re using a different email server from Google, like Yahoo.
- The second setting lets you send a copy of the response to each respondent, and it needs you to add the setting for Collect email addresses.
- The third setting, Allow response editing lets you set whether users can edit their responses after submitting the form.
- Finally, you can also limit the number of times a responder can submit a form by toggling on Limit to 1 response. This will require the responder to sign in with a Google account to fill in the form.
Step 3: Presentation Settings.
These options let you set how you view your responses.
You have the following presentation setting options:
- To show the progress bar – This shows the responder how far into the form they have progressed.
- Shuffle question order- shows different orders of questions for each responder.
- Confirmation message- Let’s you set a message for after a responder has submitted a form.
- Show link to another response- Sets the option that allows responders to view previous responses.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I See Sent Google Forms?
To see the forms you have sent in Google Forms after you have submitted the form, click on the link to Edit your response.
This lets you go back to your responses and view or edit them.
Can You Edit the Sent Google Forms?
As the sender, you can edit a sent Google Form at any time, even after you’ve sent the form and responses have been submitted. All you need to do is go back to the Google Forms site, click on the form, and edit it as you wish.
How to See Google Form Responses Without Permission?
You can not view the answers to the form unless you are the owner or have been nominated by the owner as a collaborator. However, if the form owner has enabled the Show a Summary of Responses option, you can view the responses.
To do this, after submitting your response, click on the link to see previous responses.
Sometimes you may want to confirm that you have submitted a Google Form or check your responses. Google Forms lets both the sender and the respondent view submitted forms in different ways.
We’ve shown all the ways how to see Google Forms you submitted in this guide. If you find this useful, you can also check out our premium templates. Remember to use the code SSP at checkout to save 50%.
- How to Connect Google Forms to Google Sheets
- Take a Google Forms and Sheets Masterclass to Upskill Effectively
- Download Free Google Docs Order Form Templates
- How to Find Answers on Google Forms Easily
- How To Make Google Forms Ranking Questions [Beginner Guide]
- How To Limit Responses in Google Forms (3 Methods)
- 3 Ways to Collect Google Forms Signatures