Templates are a great way to save time and energy, and nothing beats having a blank spreadsheet template for Google Sheets that you can start filling right away.
A blank spreadsheet template can accomplish efficiency and organization so effortlessly, and they tend to offer a wide range of usability. This means that whether it’s managing your personal finances, project management, or even data analysis for a business, there is a blank spreadsheet template out there for you to use.
In our article today, we’ll be providing a few blank spreadsheet templates from many different uses and discussing the features and benefits of blank spreadsheet templates.
Table of Contents
What Is the Purpose of a Blank Spreadsheet Template?
A blank spreadsheet template‘s main purpose is to provide a pre-designed framework that greatly simplifies organization, analysis, and a wide variety of data entry. Templates are mainly used to curb the disadvantage of time lost when creating your document from the start.
Blank spreadsheet templates contain the following features and structures; columns, rows, cells, and headers. The features help create a structured framework or format for your data.
But, the main reason a person might use an actually blank spreadsheet template is simply for the ease of printing and using the cells for written data entry. We’ve made sure that all the templates we’ve provided are easily printable across single pages for this purpose.
Different Blank Spreadsheet Templates
As mentioned before in the introduction of this article, here are some blank free printable spreadsheets that you could use for data entry. Feel free to download them and share this site with your colleagues who might also need blank spreadsheet templates. The first two are actually blank Google Sheets templates, while the rest have some headings for common uses and are made in Google Docs. If you use the latter, you can of course alter the headings first.
Truly Blank Google Sheets Template
This blank spreadsheet is just an empty spreadsheet in Google Sheets with the cells highlighted. To save ink and print out the exact amount of cells you need, you can:
- Highlight the required cells in the spreadsheet
- Navigate to File > Print
- Change the Print option to Selected cells
- Change the Scale option to Fit to page
Feel free to also change the paper size to the paper that you have and to increase or decrease the margins as you see fit.
Blank Printable Google Sheets Spreadsheet with Heading Sections
This spreadsheet is the same as the previous one but with colored sections for for horizontal and vertical headings. You can change the sizes for these sections with the small arrows in the row and column headers. You can also change the colors but selecting the entire row or columns by clicking to header and using the fill bucket shortcut in the toolbar.
Follow the same instructions as the previous template for printing.
Free Blank Google Docs Monthly Budget Spreadsheet Template
This is a type of budget spreadsheet template that can prove to be very useful when dealing with accounting and personal finances, here are some things to consider when dealing with budget templates for personal finances:
- Organization – Budget templates in general, help a user in staying well organized by providing a pre-designed structured format for tracking expenses, income, savings and investments. Having this information in a well designed table format makes it easier to analyze your financial situation and make well informed decisions.
- Goal Setting – These budget templates also play a role in setting financial goals, they do accomplish this by allowing you to allocate funds towards specific objectives. Having a dedicated section in the template that allows you to track your savings will help you achieve any financial goal you have set.
- Financial Awareness – Budget templates will also help you increase your awareness of your financial habits and patterns. They encourage one to take a closer look at their income sources and how they spend said income allowing them to align themselves with their financial goals.
- Tracking and Analysis – Regularly updating the template with your actual income and expenses allows you to compare them with your budgeted amounts. This kind of tracking naturally allows one to identify areas where they may be overspending and areas where they are not spending enough.
In conclusion budget templates are very beneficial but remember that the key to fully utilizing them and getting accurate results lies in consistently updating the template with accurate data input, regular tracking, periodic review and adjustment to your budget.
Printable Inventory Tracking Spreadsheet Template
An Inventory tracking spreadsheet template is a pre-designed table format that provides a straightforward method of tracking inventory.
Some points for you to consider regarding this inventory tracking spreadsheet template:
- Column Headers – The column headers provided in this template are best suited for providing a clear structure and organization for inventory tracking but since the template is fully customizable, you add, delete or rename them to better suit your case.
- Item Details – Every row in this spreadsheet template represents an item in your inventory. It allows you to enter the item name followed by a brief description to help identify and differentiate between different products or items.
- Total value calculation – The total value at the last column of the template is calculated by multiplying the quantity and the price per unit.
- Quantity and Price – The quantity and price columns are crucial to the calculation of the total value hence make sure that the data you input in these columns are most accurate.
The template also functions as a starting point, you can customize it to match your specific or unique inventory management requirements.
Printable Guest List Spreadsheet Template
Above is a guest list template. It is helpful for when you are organizing an event such as a wedding, a party, conference, or even a corporate gathering.
This template allows you to keep track of important details about your guests, such as their names, address, contact information, and RSVP status.
Remember, you can customize this template to meet your specific event needs by adding more columns and rows or deleting them.
Using guest lists not only helps you stay organized but also makes sure that all the necessary information about your guests is at your fingertips, therefore, making it easy to communicate, prepare and plan your events to success.
Why Should You Use Our Templates?
Here are the benefits of using our blank spreadsheet templates:
- Free: You do not need to pay for a subscription or for anything to use our templates. We offer completely free templates for you to utilize when you are in desperate need of one.
- Time Friendly: Our templates provide a ready-made structure that naturally eliminates the need for you to start creating your layout from scratch.
- Efficiency: With our templates, you can streamline your tasks and workflows. Our pre-designed formats offer a form of consistency and standardization, improving the ability to organize and manage information.
- Customization: Free, fully customizable templates! Does it get any better than that? With our templates, you get to edit the templates to suit your specific or unique needs. They are flexible enough to be customized based on individual preferences.
- Accuracy: Our templates help enhance the accuracy of your documents by providing clear guidelines for data input and calculations.
- Professionalism: Well-designed templates give a sense of professionalism no matter what the template is for. It could be a project tracker, or even a guest list but rest assured that if it’s coming from us, then it will look professional.
- Accessibility: By providing our templates, we make it easier for individuals with less experience or expertise to get started on their work. Our templates can be used as a starting point guiding you through the process and allowing you to focus on the content rather than the structure.
- Collaboration: Our templates can be shared among your colleagues and worked on in real-time with said colleagues, thus enhancing productivity.
Blank spreadsheets are useful and invaluable tools that streamline your work processes which is why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to curate for you a list of our blank spreadsheet templates for different uses.
Remember to maintain accuracy during data entry and adopt best practices for organization and formatting to improve your skills in utilizing blank spreadsheet templates. You can also have a look at our guide for the best spreadsheet software and make your own blank templates using your favorite from the top list. If you found this article useful, make sure you check out our premium templates below and use the code SSP to save 50%.