Creating a QR is a great idea if you want to distribute your forms offline or integrate them into digital platforms.
Currently, Google Forms does not have a built-in QR generator for its forms, but you can still generate a QR code for Google Forms.
In this guide, we will walk you through how to make a QR code for a Google Form. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Make a QR Code for a Google Form
- Create your form in Google Forms
- Obtain the link by clicking send
- Paste the link into the QR generator to generate the QR code
- Customize the code
- Download it and share it.
Why Create a Google Form QR Code
QR codes have become increasingly popular as a convenient way to provide quick access to various resources and information. By using a QR code, users can effortlessly scan and access your Google Form, eliminating the need for manual entry or searching.
There are a couple of reasons why creating a QR code is a great idea:
- A QR code provides a convenient way for users to access your Google Form. Instead of manually typing or searching for the form URL, users can simply scan the QR code using a smartphone or tablet. This saves time and effort, especially in scenarios where the form needs to be accessed quickly or on the go.
- QR codes can be printed on physical materials such as posters, flyers, business cards, or banners. This allows you to promote your Google Form in offline settings like events, conferences, trade shows, or public spaces. Interested individuals can scan the QR code to access the form instantly without the need for an internet search or typing a lengthy URL.
- QR codes can be embedded in digital platforms, including websites, emails, social media posts, or digital advertisements. By incorporating the QR code into these digital materials, you can provide a seamless way for users to access your form with a single scan, enhancing user experience and engagement.
- Some QR code generator tools offer tracking and analytics features. This will come in handy when you want to gather data on how many times the QR code has been scanned, the location of scans, and other relevant metrics. These insights can help you measure the effectiveness of your promotional efforts and make data-driven decisions.
- Creating a QR code for your form allows you to easily share it across different channels and contexts, reaching a wider audience and maximizing responses.
Let’s now see how to create a QR code for Google Forms below.
How to Create a QR Code for Google Forms
Making a QR code for your Google Forms is not a complicated process. Here’s how to create a QR code for your Google Form:
Step 1: Create Your Google Form:
Go to Google Forms and create your form by adding questions, options, and any other necessary elements.
Click on the “eye” icon at the top-right corner of the form editor to preview how your form will look.
We also have some Google Form survey templates that you can use to fast-track the process.
Step 2: Obtain the Form URL
To get the URL for the form:
- Click Send.
- Go to the link icon in the send form prompt.
- Click Copy to copy the link.
Step 3: Generate the QR code:
There are various online QR code generators available, and you can use any reliable one to generate a free QR code generator for Google Forms. Some examples of QR code generators include QRCode Monkey and the QR code generator:
- Go to the QR code generator website.
- Paste the Google Form URL you copied earlier into the input field.
- Click Convert to Dynamic to shorten URL.
- You may have to sign in to continue from here. You can sign in with your Google account or create an account on the website.
- Once you sign in, you’re QR code will be generated, and you’ll see the following prompt.
- You can customize the QR code in the panel to the side.
This panel lets you choose the color for the QR code and a logo if you want one. You can change the style of the QR code with the options given, the color of the background as well as the QR code, and you can import your own logo by dragging it into the section for Logo.
Once you’re satisfied with the design for your QR code, you can click confirm.
- Finally, you can download the QR code by clicking on the download icon.
- Give your code a file name and choose the format. There’s the option for PNG and SVG, and you can choose the size in pixels.
Once you have generated and downloaded the QR code, you can use it in your different mediums.
You’ll notice that the QR we’ve been creating is a dynamic QR. This means that the QR code will redirect the user to a second URL that can be changed on demand, even after a code is printed. Static QR codes can’t be changed in that way.
This means that if you edit your Google Forms, then you don’t need to generate a new QR code to watch time.
Related: how to find answers on Google Forms
Tips for Creating a QR Code for Your Google Form
Here are some tips for using a QR code with your Google Form:
- Before distributing or sharing the QR code, it’s probably a good idea to test it to ensure it properly links to your Google Form. Use a QR code scanning app on your smartphone or any QR code reader to scan the code and verify that it redirects to the correct form.
- When printing the code or sharing it, ensure that the QR code is large enough and has sufficient contrast with the background to make it easily scannable. Be careful not to distort or shrink the QR code, as it may affect its readability. Test the QR code at different sizes to ensure it can be scanned from various devices and distances.
- Make sure that the QR code comes with clear instructions on how to scan it and what it leads to. Some people may be unfamiliar with QR codes or may need guidance on how to scan them using their smartphones. Including a brief sentence or a simple diagram can help users understand the process.
- Determine the most suitable locations for displaying your QR code. Think about where your target audience is likely to encounter the code, such as on printed materials, signage, or digital platforms. Ensure that the QR code is visible and accessible to your intended users.
- If possible, consider customizing the QR code to align with your brand or add a visual element that reflects the purpose of your Google Form. Adding a logo or incorporating relevant colors can make the QR code more visually appealing and increase recognition.
- If you’re interested in tracking the effectiveness of your QR code, use a URL shortening service or a QR code generator that provides analytics. This way, you can gather data on how many times the QR code was scanned, the location of the scans, and other valuable metrics.
- If you make any changes to your Google Form, such as adding or removing questions, ensure that the QR code is updated accordingly. If the QR code leads to an outdated form, it may cause confusion and affect the user experience. Better yet, you can create a dynamic QR code so that your changes are updated automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Google Forms Generate a QR Code?
Google Forms does not have a built-in feature to generate QR codes directly within the platform. However, you can still create a QR code for your Google Form using third-party QR code generator tools.
Can I Create a QR Code for a Google Form?
Yes, although Google Forms does not have built-in QR code generation, you can use external tools to generate a QR code that links to your Google Form. In this article, we have a step-by-step guide on how to create a QR code for your Google Form:
How Do I Share a Google Form With a QR Code?
There are plenty of options you can use for sharing the QR code:
- You can share your QR code in a physical form by printing it, for example, on a poster, pamphlet, or brochure. Once you’ve downloaded your code, you can paste it onto the medium and print it or simply print the code as an image.
- You can also share your QR code as a digital medium online once you have downloaded it.
- You can share it through various means like email, messaging apps, social media, or embedding it on a website. Users can access the form by scanning the QR code or clicking on the link.
Creating a QR code for your Google Forms offers numerous benefits and enhances the accessibility and convenience of your forms.
With the increasing popularity of QR codes and their versatility in applications, incorporating them into your Google Forms is a valuable strategy to engage your audience, collect data efficiently, and enhance your overall digital presence.
In this article, we’ve guided you through how to make a QR code for a Google Form step by step. If you found it useful and would like to save even more time and effort, check out our premium templates too. Remember to use the code SSP to save 50% at checkout.