In this article, we’ll go through how to make a journal on Google Docs from scratch which is essentially setting up the page and possibly adding tables. If you can’t be bothered making your own, you can find an awesome Google Docs journal template from our selection below. Read on to find the perfect template for your needs.
Table of Contents
Why Use Google Docs for Journaling
Sometimes you just need to keep track of your daily plans, or you may want to capture moments of reflection and self-care. What better way to capture your thoughts, emotions, and experiences than through journaling?
Studies have also shown that journaling is an excellent way to improve your business.
Fortunately, you can use Google Docs to make a personal journal. Google Docs is a powerful tool that can help you organize your thoughts and express yourself in a creative and meaningful way, and it also comes with templates.
You can use some of the pre-made documents from the template gallery as a place to start, download one of ours, or make one yourself using the guide below.
How To Create a Journal Template In Google Docs
You can create your own journal template on Google Docs with just a few simple steps:
Step 1: Go to Google Docs and Create a New Document
Step 2: Set up Page Layout
- Click on File, then select “Page setup” from the menu.
- Choose the paper size, color, margins, and orientation (portrait or landscape) for your template and click OK to apply the changes.
Step 3: Add Sections or Categories
- Use headings and formatting styles to create sections or categories for different journal entries. For example, you can add a Date section as a heading for each entry.
- Add subheadings or formatting styles for the Title or content sections to help you keep your journal entries organized and easy to navigate.
- You can also add sections by inserting a table. Go to Insert > Table and choose the number of rows and columns you want to have.
- Once you are done, you can delete any extra pages.
Step 4: Format your Journal Template
You can do this however you want to make it more appealing. You can format the journal in many different ways using fonts, images, and page settings. If you added tables, you can also change the table cells, add color to them and change the border size and color.
Step 6: Start Journaling!
Now that your journal template is created, you can start using it to write your journal entries. If you’ve saved your journal as a template, then you can always start a new document with the template for your daily or weekly journaling. You can also print your journal doc.
You can also use a journal template for Google Docs instead of making one from a blank document. Here are a couple of free editable journal templates for Google Docs:
Diary Template Google Docs
The Google Docs diary template is an attractive yet simple template designed for your most private thoughts and feelings. The template has three sections, including the title, the date, and the writing section, which is divided into lines.
The heading has a simple but elegant image of a vine and a pink bar that is set so that it appears on every new page, but you can edit this or simply remove it by double-clicking on it.
As there are lines marked, this is a good one to print and use with a pen.
Google Docs Daily Journal Template
The Google Docs daily journal template is another attractive journal template with a grid style to optimize it for all your daily activities. It has blue headings for each section to make it less monotonous.
The template has five sections, including the title, date, a table divided into two sections for the to-do list and the goals, and finally, one more section for notes and ideas.
Weekly Editable Journal Template for Google Docs
The weekly journal template is the perfect template to help you keep track of your week.
It has a title and two tables. The first table has all the days of the week and space for you to jot down whatever you need to under each day.
The second section is for you to note down anything else you feel inspired to do during the course of the week and to add reminders.
Why Use a Google Docs Journal Template From This Article?
As much as we’ve shown you how to make your own journal note template, you may still want to get one that has already been designed for you. Here’s why you should use our journal templates for Google Docs:
- To save the time and work of starting from scratch. Instead of scrambling to create one at the last minute, you may use our diary templates right away so that you can go straight to expressing yourself or jotting down a memory.
- With Google Docs, you can access your journal at any time on any device as long as you’re connected to the internet, which is very convenient if you’re spontaneous or have a short memory.
- You can also seamlessly integrate our journal templates in Google Docs with other Google apps like Google Calendar.
- Our journal templates are also aesthetic and appealing, with different color schemes, layouts, and formats to make your journaling experience great.
Although privacy may be an issue since Google Docs is a cloud-based service, you can always use password protection on your Google Docs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Journal Template on Google Docs?
Google Docs doesn’t have templates dedicated to Journals. You can create your own journal template in Google Docs by designing the layout, formatting, and sections according to your preferences.
You can customize the font, colors, and other formatting options to make it personalized. You can also use our journal templates or search for online journal templates.
Should You Journal on Google Docs?
Google Docs is a great place to journal because it has many valuable features. Firstly, it automatically uploads and saves your journal on your drive so that you’ll never lose it.
Using Google Docs also lets you access your journal on any device anywhere, which can be pretty convenient.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to make your own journal on Google Docs, and we’ve also curated some journal templates for you.
Whether you’re an avid journal user or someone looking to start journaling as a new habit, you can pick a Google Docs journal template from those in this article free of charge.
If you found these free templates useful, you’ll love our premium templates. Just make sure to use the code SSP to save 50% on your downloads from our Gumroad store.