Tired of unorganized and boring notes? Frustrated at how ineffective they are when it comes to recalling important information?
Note-taking in Google Docs is more efficient and organized than ever before. With its range of templates, this platform has become popular for people seeking convenient and easy ways to jot down notes.
Here, we’ll explore different note templates in Google Docs, their features, and tips that will help you improve your organization and productivity. We’ll also teach you how easy it is to create notes in Google Docs from scratch.
Table of Contents
Best Google Docs Note-Taking Templates
1. Meeting Minutes Template
Meeting minutes detail all of the important elements attendees discuss. In the context of business, these meeting notes can be crucial in task allocation, decision-making, and reporting.
2. Goods Delivery Note Template
If you’re in the retail industry, you already know how essential a well-crafted goods delivery statement is. It details the products included in your shipments, such as their product codes, quantities, prices, and descriptions. These statements also confirm that a recipient has received the goods.
Our customizable goods delivery notes template makes it easier to create your delivery notes. Simply create a copy of this Google Docs notes template. Next, enter your company’s details, recipient information, and other details like the reference number, invoice date, and mode of delivery.
3. Cornell Notes Template
Rather than simply jotting notes down line by line, The Cornell Method provides a way to organize your notes. Developed in the 1950s by Cornell University’s Professor Walter Pauk, this method features two separate columns:
- Key points: This column includes the most important details to remember, such as technical jargon like “KPIs” and “affiliate marketing.”
- Notes: Use this column as a regular note-taking field.
A summary section is also included at the bottom.
4. SQ3R Class Notes Template in Google Docs
A SQ3R template is often recommended when you’re reading lengthy texts. It’s a commonly used note-taking method that aims to improve reading comprehension. Here’s what SQ3R entails:
- Survey: Quickly review your material and gather its basic details (e.g., title, headings, author, and subject category).
- Questions: If you have some understanding of the topic, jot down some questions about the points you haven’t learned yet. Consider adding questions based on what you’ve discovered after you’ve surveyed it.
- Read: Start reading your material and take notes that will answer the questions you’ve listed.
- Recite: Note any factual information, key points that require memorization, and essential terms in your text.
- Review: Check your notes and summarize them.
This SQ3R class notes template in Google Docs features dedicated fields for each of the abovementioned parts.
5. Mind Map Template
Mind maps are visual tools that help users associate certain points with other key points. For example, you can set a main topic > subtopics > related keywords about the subtopics.
To use our mind map template, click on the link below and make a copy of the document. Next, double-click on the diagram to edit the text.
6. Outline Notes Template for Google Docs
Looking to organize notes from big topics to small details? Our outline-style template might be a great option. It follows the principles of the outlining method: Write the large topics at the top, smaller subtopics under them, and the smallest details at the bottom.
We recommend using this outline notes template for creating study guides. More specifically, this is a great way to develop a clearer overview of the lessons you need to study.
Why Should You Use These Google Docs Notes Templates?
We crafted these note-taking Google Docs templates to help our readers take notes more effectively, blending best practices with popular methods (like SQ3R and The Cornell Technique). We also formatted our templates with distinctive colors to help readers categorize the information contained in their notes.
How to Create an Online Notes Template in Google Docs
If you didn’t find a template above that suits your preferences, you can always make one from scratch. To create your notes template in Google Docs, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a New Document
- Go to https://docs.google.com/.
- Under the “Start a new document” section, select “Blank” (denoted by a plus sign).
- Name your notes by clicking the “Untitled document” field and typing your preferred file name.
Step 2: Add Sections to Your Notes
- Place your cursor on the first line of your document.
- Open the “Styles” drop-down menu (displayed as “Normal text” by default).
- Select “Title,” then type your preferred notes title (e.g., “Science Notes”).
- Press the “Enter” or “Return” key on your keyboard to insert a new line.
- Click on the “Styles” menu again, then select “Heading 2.”
- Type “Topic 1,” then hit enter to start a new line.
- Go to “Styles” > “Heading 3,” then type “Subtopic 1.”
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 as preferred to add more sections for topics and subtopics.
- Ensure that there is at least one line separating the subtopics.
Step 3: Format Your Notes
What you do in this step is entirely up to you. It’s your notes on Google Docs; you decide how to decorate them. Anyway, here are some formatting options that you can try on your end:
- To choose a new font, select your text. Then, click on the “Font” drop-down menu (displayed as “Arial” by default) and select your preferred typeface.
- To change font colors, click the “Text color” button (denoted by a capital letter A with a bar below it), then choose your preferred hue.
Step 4: Start Taking Notes!
All that’s left to do is enter the information you want to take note of on your document.
If you prefer, you can also insert other elements into your notes, such as tables, images, and charts. Exploring the features of Google Docs is key to this. But if you’ve got no time to do this, why not look for an easy-to-follow tutorial at Spreadsheet Point instead?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Note-Taking Methods Can Be Used with Google Doc Templates?
The note-taking method you use will depend on the style of the template you’ve downloaded. You might use a template that focuses more on outlining, mind mapping, sentence method, or charting.
Does Google Docs Have a Notes Template?
Yes, Google Docs offers a handful of note templates. Click “Template Gallery” and scroll down to the “Work” section. Select any of the provided “Meeting notes” templates. Otherwise, you can scroll further down to the “Education” section to choose “Class notes.”
Keep Your Notes Organized with Spreadsheet Point!
Maintaining tidy and productive notes isn’t as complicated as you think. Use one of our note templates in Google Docs to make the work easier!
Looking for more useful templates like these? Check out our premium templates today! Don’t forget to use the code “SSP” to get 50% off on all templates.